10-29 May 2010
Lakeview Lutheren, Cameron Highlands
Fellowship of Evengelical Student
It's so FUN to be with God~
Phew~
Finally I am back from the mountain.
Ibelieve that the experience was more than a mere mountain top experience.
I met God there.
There is no turning back.
The most valuable thing that I found was to expect God to speak personally. Ask, and you shall be given.
Ok......I shall start telling you what on earth the 3 weeks camp was for.
So looooong!
Let's start with the first program every morning.
It's called "Lectio Divina", which means divine reading.
It was actually listening to the scripture (bible).
The Word of God was meant to be listened.
The Jews listened to the Word every Sabbath for they had no written bible.
Now more often we just read and read and feel that the bible is boring or just another ordinary storybook, not getting the power of the Word of God.
This was how it was run.
Mornings at cameron were often super cold.
All gathered at hall. All were asked to quiet down ourselves and see what came into our mind.
When the thoughts enter our mind, we don't push them aside, as many other meditations do.
Instead, we thought them over and submit them to God.
We close our eyes and trying to listen what God wanted to tell us that day.
Then the speaker then read out some versus.
Then silence. We listened and quieten ourselves before God.
The versus were read again.
Then silence. We meditated.
Then again.
Then we would write our responses (prayer, thoughts etc).
Then we shared with each other.
How did I know it was God speaking to me, and not my own thinking?
Let me share my experiences.
One morning I quieten down myself, trying to listen to God.
My mind was quite blank. I was feeling cold.
Suddenly there was a thought entering my mind.
You must humble down yourself. You are too proud.
I realized it was indeed my weakness. He wanted me to realize everything I have is from Him.
I then prayed to God, ask Him to teach me how to be humble.
Then the scripture was read.
It was from 2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
The Word struck me.
There were other experiences too. They were not coincidences!
Who am I that You would want to speak to me, my Father in heaven?
Stay tuned for more the next few posts.
Camp Cameron 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
wah wan ppl to stay tune somemore ah hahahahaha... good idea..
it's because athens is lazy to write all of them ... hahaha...
more!
not lazy.....jz tt 3 weeks of things...how 2 write so fast? u all wun wana read so long oso ^^
Post a Comment