RSS

Camp Cameron 2010 (4)

Here comes the night series
"Redeeming relationships"

The speaker spoke about redeeming relationship with God during the first week of camp.
Then we were given different exercises to do to allow God to reveal what are some brokenness in our relationship with Him.

What were our experiences with the idols/ other gods before we came to know Jesus that might now hinder our relationship with our God?

What are some of the distorted views that we have about God?
(eg, since we call Him Father in heaven, are our views on God distorted because our imperfect fathers on earth influence us to have weird thoughts about our God?)

What hinder us from getting closer to God?
(eg, sins, refusal to forgive)

I found myself struggling with this issue.
I always want something that I don't have.
In other words, I find myself seething with jealousy.

When I look at my friends, I ask God.
God, why do You give her so much?
Good look, good family, talents, money?

Why is she better looking than me? She is so attractive.

Why is she born in a good Christian family? She has all the education she needs. She need not worry about so many things.

Why is she so talented? She sings very well. She plays the piano. She leads. She 's sociable. All eyes are on her.

Why does she have so much money to spend on herself, looking even better.
God, I want a dslr. Why so many of my friends can afford to have one?

Thank God that I always repent very fast and did not do anything disastrous.
I stopped at just thinking.
But I never stopped asking.Bold
As I quietened down myself, I knew that it was God who was speaking to me.
So gently.

Can good look satisfies you?
Sincerely I searched my heart.
I answered, no.

Can a good family satisfies you?
A good family can matter so much! But can it really satisfy me?
No. Reluctantly, I answered.

Can money satisfy you?
With money I can buy so many things. But will I be truly satisfied?
I answered, no.

Not even a DSLR, what you really want since a long time ago, can satisfy you.
Not even by traveling to Prague and Maldives, your dream vacations, can satisfy you.

His voice was so soft and gentle. He wasn't scolding. He wasn't impatient. He was like a father patiently explaining to a young childish kid.

Then I asked, Lord, what then can satisfy me?
Me, He said.

How?
I AM WHO I AM. This is my name. (Exodus 3:14)

?????
????
???
??
?

I didn't understand.
At last, I got it.

Very gently, He told me.

I AM WHO I AM.

I will be your eternal lover.
I will be your friend.
I will give you the security you need.
I will be who you need.

I can't describe the feeling.
It is like you knew exactly that He is there with you.

Is that peace?
I don't know.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

shi ning said...

可是我有另一种想法哦。。。
有得也会有失...

如果一个人长得丑,她失去了美貌
但她会得到一个真正爱她的人
一个不会因为她美才喜欢她的人
所以不用担心有一天自己老了
自己的丈夫就不再喜欢自己

如果一个人生出来就不聪明
那么他会比聪明的人更努力
他的勤奋就在努力中培养的
他没有聪明,但他有了勤奋

如果一个人生下来就很有钱
他得到数之不尽的财富
但他失去了自己在打工后
得到第一份薪水那时的喜悦
他可以有很多很多他想要的东西
但同时他失去了跟老板
每次在买一件衣服时讨价还价的乐趣

一个好的家庭的定义又是什么?
有爸爸妈妈兄弟姐妹就是一个完美的家吗?
没有完美的家庭
只有一直爱着你的家人
有能力为自己的家人付出
这就是幸福

每个人都有他擅长的地方
一些人会弹琴,一些人会画画
一些人会写作,一些人会演讲
每个人都有他自己的天分
问题只在于自己有没有发掘它

其实也没什么好羡慕的
你觉得呢?

athens said...

these i knew, these are very ideal. but as a human, i still will fall and suffer. i believe most people hv gone thru the phase where we want something that we are not given. i agree with u to a certain extend. it is a lot depend of definition. xp.....^^

gracelee said...

wow..it is amazing.. God speak to u.